Winston Brown Construction, a 44-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for a highly skilled Residential Remodeling Carpenter. Our projects include, but are not limited to whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths, and exteriors.
· Carpentry high quality craftsmanship labor and job safety;
· Protecting customer’s property from undue dust and debris. Providing customer security by locking up each day and making sure no hazards are left that could cause injury to customers, their pets or property;
· Providing supervision of Field Personnel when necessary;
· Knowing and understanding all job related paper work, ie. permits, plans, change orders, and specifications;
· Assisting the Project Manager in meeting the specifications of the Winston Brown Construction contracts with our clients and trade contractors.
· Checking all materials for quality and accuracy as it arrives at the job site, pick-up and delivery of materials;
Skills and Qualifications:
· 5+ years experience in residential finish work and remodeling.
· Able to work with a crew or alone to complete demo, site protection, framing, window and door installation, exterior trim and interior finish work.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Possess superior client service and communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others on the jobsite (Apprentices and Truck Drivers).
· Ability to read and understand blueprints and detailed specifications.
· Winston Brown’s Carpenters provide their own van (or pick-up) and tools. We require a good driving record, valid license and insurance. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and great benefits. This is a drug free workplace.
Please submit with your resume a cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job, salary requirements, and tool list.
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour