- Drives a regular route, is a regular, spare or charter driver.
- Must read and understand street signs, route sheets and maps.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the bus, including child checks.
- Assists students in the loading and unloading process.
- Cooperates and communicates with school personnel, parents and students.
- Attendance at all safety and training meetings.
- Conducts emergency evacuation from the bus, including exiting from the emergency door.
- Opens and closes service doors and moves up and down steps multiple times daily.
- Cleans the insides of the bus including sweeping, dusting and cleaning windows. Cleans outside windows of the bus.
- Other specialized functions as required by contract.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL Operator’s license with required endorsements.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess valid driver’s license for 3 years or longer.
- All driver applicants must pass a background check and drug test.
Experience & Skills Required
- Good verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work early morning hours.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.